Today is about the logistics of how to start your montage.
Before you start you should have:
An idea of what theme you are starting from (Dark, Humor, Personal or Place)
A folder of images to begin working with
Google image search (modifications allowed, large size)
Flickr (if our unblocking system works)
1. Open Photoshop
2. File/New 4x5 inch file, 300 resolution
3. File/Place in an image for a background. *Rasterize the layer
4. File/Place in additional images to add new layers. *Rasterize the layers
5. Use masks, erasers, pen tool selections, etc to cut and paste images.
6. Use Image/ Adjustments to harmonize colors
7. Use paint tools to add shadows and highlights
8. Use Adjustment Layers and filters to change overall image.